Shanon Doolittle and I are having so much fun leading the Gratitude Camp!
For those campers hanging with us, I’ve brought together my previous posts about appreciation, gratitude and thanks.
Other readers might be interested too. Because, really, you cannot over thank a donor. You can over-communicate with a donor, you can be a bit “stalker-ish” with a donor but I firmly believe that heartfelt, genuine thanks will always be appreciated greatly and deeply.
Here’s a dozen – read one or two and see if they hit the mark for you.
To meditate about our work:
More about gratitude:
- Resolution 2014 – making gratitude a daily practice this year.
- Give Thanks!
- Exercise your Gratitude Muscle – my recent Movie Monday gig.
On thanking donors:
- Appreciation is Not a Process – remember that reducing donors to a “merge field” gets you – and them – away from that original moment of joy.
- Small Batch Monthly Donors – How I jumped in to thank monthly donors – who were only getting a once-per-year thanks (too much process, not enough appreciation, in my view).
- Crying a Little Over Thank You Letters – well, of course I believe in personally signed thank you letters, which I insisted be started. Here is what happened when I gave notice…
- Let’ Fall in Donor Love – my advice that more is better when it comes to thanks.
- Service – Good, Bad and Hero – why I think fundraisers must go the extra mile.
Heck yeah! Board members thanking donors
More Connection with Donors
- Using Linked for Relationship Building with Donors – great way to continue the connection, in an appropriate way.
Do you have favorite ways to connect with donors? I would love to hear!