I’m so excited to be part of an unique and excellent virtual conference – maybe the first of its kind – where fundraising colleagues will share their expertise all day December 3, 2013. Each hosted session will be one hour in a “tweet chat” format with a host and one or more experts. There will be 9 different topics covered. Knowledge at your fingertips. #micdrop
Why are we doing this? Clare McDowall had this brilliant idea as a way of fundraisers giving back to colleagues, virtually. She gathered some of her colleagues (I’m lucky to be included!) and we considered some of the best topics to help your fundraising all year long (and some year-end tips too).
Then we contacted giving people who are offering their expertise – for free, for fundraisers like you. You can bookmark the site (short term) so you are ready to join in on Tuesday.
Check out what we have lined up (times are EST):
- 10 am – Planned Giving with Kimberley MacKenzie (Fundraising Executive) hosted by Dani Mailing
- 11 am – Integrated Campaigns with John Lepp (Agents of Good) hosted by Kimberley MacKenzie
- 12 pm – Major Giving with Gail Perry (Fired Up Fundraising) which I am hosting
- 1 pm – Digital Storytelling with Vanessa Chase (Philanthropy for All) hosted by Clare McDowall
- 2 pm – Stewardship with Dan Blakemore (International House) and Shanon Doolittle (Doogooder) hosted by me
- 3 pm – Nonprofit Communications with Amy Sept (Nimbyist Communications) hosted by Clare
- 4 pm – Diverse Audiences with Krishan Mehta (Ryerson University) and Mazarine Trey (Wild Woman Fundraising) hosted by me
- 5 pm – Social Media for Nonprofits with Clare McDowall (Socially Good) by Dani
- 6 pm – Monthly Giving with Sylvie Labrosse (Community Living Toronto) hosted by Clare
I think this is a great way to share and harness the real power of #GivingTuesday – which is really about fundraisers thinking about giving (not just trying to get our donors to give to our nonprofits). In the true spirit of philanthropy, we are hoping to build capacity, share experiences and reinforce best practices of our profession. I love forums like #FundChat and others that “crowd source” best practices. But our 9 sessions via tweets will offer you a chance to chat about your own experiences before we launch into questions and expertise, with links to additional information for you to explore on your own.
Busy on December 3 but want to help spread the word? Donate a tweet through Thunderclap.
Or contact me to learn more about our Tweet Mobs November 28 at 4:00 pm (EST) (US Thanksgiving) or Monday December 2 at 12:30 pm (EST).